Updated: Feb 19, 2020
Lean beef mince | 750g
Onion | 2 medium
Kidney beans | 1 tin (drained)
Red bell pepper | 1
Chopped tomatoes | 600g
Beef stock | 300ml
Tomato puree | 3 tbsp.
Garlic | 3 cloves
Paprika | 2 tsp.
Cumin | 2 tsp.
Chili powder (hot) | 2 tsp.
Brown basmati rice | 240g
1. Heat oil in a large pan, add the onions & garlic and cook for around 5 mins until soft.
2. Add mince and cook until browned
3. Add tomato puree, red pepper, chilli powder, paprika & cumin, cook for further 2 mins while stirring.
4. Combine stock cube with 300ml boiling water, add to the pan along with chopped tomatoes.
5. Leave to simmer for 20 mins, then Add the kidney beans. cook for further 10 mins, if it dries out, add a little more water.
6. Serve with 40g brown basmati rice (dry weight)
NOTE: Have whatever kind of rice you prefer, calorie content is similar per dry weight.