Updated: Feb 19, 2020
An easy alternative to a regular paella. 1 pot dishes are always a win for meal prep, nobody like washing up!
Use cayenne pepper if you like a little heat, and you can always adjust the meat quantities to suit your macros!
Diced chicken breast | 600g
Sliced chorizo | 100g
Prawns | 100g
Paella rice | 250g
Diced onion | 1 medium
Red bell pepper | 1 medium
Frozen garden peas | 200g
Paprika | 1 tbsp
Cayenne pepper | 1 tsp (optional)
Garlic | 1 clove
Chicken stock | 1L
1. Heat fry light in a large frying pan and add chicken. Fry for 4-5 mins, then add chorizo and cook for a further 3-4 mins, remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Using the same pan, add the onion and fry until it starts to soften, then add garlic, paprika, & cayenne pepper (if using)
3. Add the paella rice ad 2/3 of the stock to the pan and simmer, after 10-15 minutes add more stock if required.
4. Add the prawns, chicken, chorizo, & frozen peas and cook for a further 4 mins.
3. Serve with parsley and lemon.
For accurate meal prep, always weigh the pan before cooking, when its cooked, weigh again, subtract weight of the pan, and divide by number of servings.