Updated: Feb 19, 2020
Chicken | 900g
Raisins | 100g
Frozen peas | 250g
Basmati rice | 250g
Onion | 1 medium
Curry powder | 2 tbsp.
Turmeric | 1 tsp.
Garlic | 1 clove
Chicken stock | 750ml
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a large pan (that can fit into your oven) heat the oil, and cook the chicken until browned.
3. Add the garlic, turmeric, chili and chopped onion to the pan and cook until the onion softens
4. Add the curry powder, uncooked rice, raisins, peas, stock, cover and bring to the boil.
5. Once it starts to boil, place the pan into the oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.